I understand your problem that choosing a suitable platform for your e-commerce store is not a straightforward task, so it is the main reason why I am writing this blog. This detailed WooCommerce Vs Magento guide will learn about the features, security, performance, product management, beginner friendliness, and pros & cons.
Let’s start the discussion by understating the basics of both of the platforms and their uniqueness.
WooCommerce Vs Magento: Unique Things
As you know, WooCommerce is one of the most popular and widely used WordPress plugins that enable you to add e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website. This plugin offers each and everything you need to run your online store with easy-to-use features so that a non-tech person can also create his store without hiring any developer.
When we talk about Magento, it is also a powerful e-commerce store development platform that requires highly professionals to manage and build an online store for medium to large businesses. It has many powerful features that make it the first choice of large companies with high aspirations.
WooCommerce vs Magento: Key Features
|It is an Opensource plugin that is totally free.||It is a paid platform, but it also offers a free Community version.|
|Requires you to get a web hosting plan.||Magento comes with hosting except for free or Community version where you can choose your host.|
|It has support for unlimited products.||You can also add unlimited products.|
|WooCommerce has a lot of customization options and supports almost all WordPress themes.||It also provides a theme-based system and some decent themes.|
|It supports an extension system and hundreds of options.||It also has support for extensions and offers a wide variety.|
|It has basic security features to protect your online store.||It has advanced security features and dedicated patches that disable all vulnerabilities.|
|It is like remarkably easy-to-use WordPress.||It is only recommended for those users who have a basic knowledge of web development.|
WooCommerce Vs Magento: Features, Pros and Cons
It is understood that it would be difficult for someone to choose an e-commerce development platform without understating both popular platforms features, pros and cons. I am going to cover detailed information so that you can easily take your final decision about them.
If you’re you’re a WordPress user; you will be familiar with the WooCommerce term. Almost 3,876,748 websites have used this e-commerce platform, and the number is increasing day by day. The total number of websites using WooCommerce shows that it has enough functionality required to run an online store, and it can be enhanced using different extensions.
- It supports unlimited products.
- It has a great extension system.
- It allows you to pick almost any payment processor using extensions.
- Offers dozens of both free and premium themes.
- You can set up your store for free, but you need a web hosting plan.
- You can quickly develop your Online store if you have working experience with WordPress.
- It has well-written documentation, but you can contact the team behind the project if you need any further information.
- If you don’tdon’t know about WordPress, then you have to learn two platforms.
- Premium themes and plugins increase your overall cost.
Is it suitable for beginners?
Of course, it is the best option for those who don’tdon’t have the knowledge and working experience with e-commerce, but it is double the finest if using WordPress. Thanks to WordPress, which made it very easy to build an e-commerce store with the help of the WooCommerce plugin. Moreover, you can find a lot of tutorials, well-prepared documentation, and other helpful material.
As I have discussed earlier, it is an open-source and free to use platform, so you can easily download and use it as per your requirements without any cost. People who claim that it is a premium extension tend to be expensive. Aside from that, the web hosting price depends on the size of your business, and I would recommend you to discuss your requirement with tech Temok professionals to choose a perfect hosting plan.
As I have discussed in the introductory section, Magento is a powerful e-commerce solution that tends to be geared toward big business brands. However, it can also be used for small and medium level businesses. Magento comes with both community edition (Free) and Enterprise edition; as the name indicates, free is used for small businesses and startups, whereas enterprise is used for large organizations. So, I am going to discuss the features, pros and cons of a community edition because it is most widely used:
- Supports unlimited products
- It has its own theming and layout scheme
- It contains an efficient APIs to connect with third-party solutions
- In-built admin interfaces, product layout and other management features
- It has the highest scalability option; you can host the largest stores if your web host can manage
- Supports streamlined process so that shoppers can check out faster
- It has PayPal, Authorize.Net, and Braintree integrations
- It is more suitable for developers or technical persons than regular users.
- The community edition is limited, and Enterprise Edition is quite costly, but that that’s to be predictable due to their target market.
Is it suitable for beginners?
No, it is a complex and out of the box solution that is not suitable for beginners when you consider it through the lens Of WooCommerce Vs Magento. So, the only option is to overcome this problem by reading its extensive documentation and additional advantages provided by the platform. It is more suitable for ambitious users who are ready to scale their online shops quickly, and they also have enough time to manage the platform.
Its community edition is free of cost because of its open-source nature, and you will pay the only fee to your web hosting provider according to the chosen web hosting plan. But if you are a big business brand, you have to pay the price of the enterprise edition.