Blockchain has emerged as a bright technological future for businesses all over the world. Blockchain is a new kind of technology that makes it a bit harder to find a suitable candidate who is skilled enough to pull it off. As a result, the need for blockchain engineers is rising quickly. It has proved to be a bright future in the technological world. Nowadays, Blockchain engineers are in high demand. So, If you want to secure your future in this field, then you are lucky. As we’ll tell you all aspects of how to become a blockchain engineer? Furthermore, you can also find out authentic information about career opportunities with blockchain technology. So, let’s begin this with a guide on how to become a blockchain engineer.
What is a Blockchain Technology?
A blockchain is an innovative list of data blocks that are connected. Blockchain is a system of recording information that makes it hard or impossible to modify, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is a digital ledger of duplicated transactions across the whole network of computer systems on the blockchain.
Who is a Blockchain Engineer?
Blockchain engineers are executing and creating a digital blockchain for business solutions. Generally, blockchain engineers may work for technology consulting companies or data service firms. It’s a full-time job. But it would be best if you kept in mind that an engineer would build the solutions and analyze what the company needs. These blockchain engineer jobs require implementing and developing assets accelerators or assisting in the companies’ infrastructure design process.
Also, they make sure all applications are safe from all aspects.
How to become a Blockchain Engineer?
It sounds interesting but where to start? To become a blockchain engineer, you need to gain some basic technical skills in networking, programming, data structures, and computer science. After that, you’ll learn professional blockchain certifications or courses which will lead you to get a good job all over the world. Follow these steps for becoming a blockchain engineer or developer:
- Firstly, you have to know the basic knowledge of blockchain and its parameters.
- Have graduation or diploma in Computer science, Software Engineering, IT, or any other related field.
- Understand the Blockchain Architecture and its working as an agreement, hash functioning, etc.
- Deeply knowledgeable of the functions and application of data structures and algorithms like Merkle tree.
- Having cryptography skills is important for maintaining the security and liability of the blockchain system. So having cryptocurrency certification will do wonders in building your career in blockchain technology.
- Develop Web development skills.
- Expert in the primary programming languages like C++, Java, Python, Solidity, etc.
- Have complete knowledge of Blockchain platforms
- Also, learn the Blockchain ecosystem and its standards.
- Master the blockchain developing tools.
- You can also become a certified blockchain expert and get a blockchain Engineer certification. In this way, you can enhance your skills and knowledge in the blockchain field.
Why do You want to become Blockchain Engineer?
As discussed above, we know the demand for Blockchain technology is increasing day by day. So, to become a part of this trending technology, start your career as a blockchain engineer. Some of the main reasons for becoming a blockchain engineer are as follows:
- Good Salary Package- Blockchain is one of the highest-paying fields. Also, there are not many blockchain engineers as it is a new technological field. So it is beneficial for technological individuals to start their careers as blockchain developers or engineers.
- Advanced Technology – Blockchain Engineers are in high demand due to the worth and potential that blockchain technology holds.
- Work from Anywhere – The main reason is that you can work remotely, offering more flexibility in the workplace.
- Famous Companies adopting blockchain – Many big companies are adopting this technology like IBM, Microsoft, Samsung, and many more.
- Versatility – As a blockchain engineer, you will not be restricted to one organization because blockchain is a versatile technology. You can work in different industries dealing with automation, banking, and financial services, health care, insurance, media and entertainment, retail, travel, transportation, etc.
How does Blockchain work?
1. Each transaction is recorded as a “block” of data as each transaction happens.
Those transactions show the direction of an asset that can be real (a product) or supernatural (intellectual). The data block can record the information of your choice: who, what, when, where, how much, and even in any condition.
2. Each block is connected to the ones before and after it.
These blocks form a data chain as an asset moves from place to place or requests change hands. The blocks confirm the exact time and series of transactions. The blocks link securely to stop any block from being changed or inserted between two existing blocks.
3. The Transactions are blocked together in an irreversible chain
Each other block supports the verification of the previous block and the whole blockchain. It causes the blockchain tamper-evident, having the key strength of immutability. It removes the chance of tampering by a hostile — and creates a ledger of transactions you and other network staff can trust.
What are the key features of Blockchain?
There are main key features of Blockchain Technology.
- Increased Capacity
- Better Security
- Faster Settlement
Blockchain Engineer Salary
A Blockchain Engineer falls under the software development umbrella. However, they work on the software design feature and more than that. Hence the pay scale for Blockchain engineers is much higher than for software engineers. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics survey, it has been observed that 11% job growth can be seen from the year 2016 to 2026 for Software system engineers.
Therefore, Blockchain Engineer also falls under this category. Also, this is the highest growth that can be seen compared to other fields. Blockchain engineers can enter any industry like health, financial, government, etc. Blockchain Engineer salary is rising day by day, and the day is not far when Blockchain Engineer will be deemed most highly paid engineers. Blockchain engineer salary varies from country to country but everywhere, they are highly paid.
In this article, we have told you almost everything about Blockchain Engineer. Now you must be more conscious of the job roles and duties of a Blockchain Engineer. Also, we have talked about the salary for a blockchain developer or engineer. It is an advanced technology that will be one of the most essential technologies contributing to change the world. Bitcoin has made a strong impact on financial services, and it is not too far when you will use blockchain technology in every industry for making the world a better place.
So, if you want to start your career or grow it to another level, then you can also sign up for the blockchain expert and professional courses. Hope this article seems helpful to you, and to acquire more knowledge.