Optimizing for both search engines and users is one of the most important things you can do to make your content more effective. If you create SEO-friendly content, it requires time and effort. But if you do it right, you can expect them to pay off. Many people consider that SEO-optimized content is not user-friendly. It is a total misconception. High-quality, SEO-optimized content increases your chances to get a high rank in search results. In this article, we have discussed different ways how you can make your content effective for better SEO.
10 Ways To Make Your Content Effective For Better SEO
Do Your Keyword Research
Keywords play an important role in search engine optimization. Do your research and find the right keywords. It will help you to get a high rank in the search results and satisfy your potential and target audience.
While picking your target keywords, define the following:
- The volume of searches for a specific keyword in a given timeframe. If you use the wrong keywords, it will waste your time and budget. You will also not get the results.
- Understand the intent of the searcher behind the keywords you want to use.
- Focus on long-tail keywords as compared to short-tail keywords. They might have a low search volume, but they still give a high possibility to rank on the search results. Long-tail keywords are used to find specific information about a particular topic.
- You can use different tools like SE Ranking Keyword Suggestion tool, Keyword Planner, and other tools to find the best keywords.
- By using Quora, you can create new variations of targeted keywords. Many people use Quora to discuss industry-related topics.
- If you search for something on Google, you see many related searches. It helps you to learn more about your customers and what their intent is.
- Google Autocomplete will also help you to provide keyword suggestions based on real user queries. Many other tools help you to choose the keywords just the way people search.
Write SEO Friendly URLs
URLs are one of the most important parts of SEO elements. URLs play a vital role in ranking factors. They are easier to share and provide a better user experience. While creating the SEO friendly URLs, use the following rules:
- Use target keywords on each page. It will increase the website’s search visibility and help search engines easily identify the page.
- Keep your short URLs. The average URLs should be three to five words or around about 60 characters.
- In URLs, use hyphens to separate words. For example, https://www.temok.com/blog/how-to-appear-on-the-first-page-of-google/
- Use lowercase letters instead of uppercase letters. It causes results in redirects or 404 errors on some servers.
- Don’t use words such as a, an, but, and or in the URLs.
- Keep your URLs simple and relevant.
Here is an example from Temok that have SEO-friendly URLs. They are simple, short, relevant, and identify the main keyword.
Adding optimize images to your content improves the user’s experience. Image optimization is almost the same as traditional SEO. The text in images can’t readable by Google Images but they can clarify the content of images to explain images’ relevance in the search results. You have to give proper Alt text, captions, descriptive titles, and file names. Your website visitors cannot see the Alt text but search engines use this information to know the subject of the image better. Use main keywords in your Alt text and create informative and useful content.
Add Relevant Links
While writing a new blog or content, including links, words, or points that can clarify your content more. Add both internal and external links to an article. It helps the readers to know further in-depth while staying focused on the main point. Adding internal links is an effective way to help search engines know the importance of your content. In this way, readers spend more time on your website and it reduces the bounce rate.
If you add external links to your article like Wikipedia, it builds trust and improves user experience.
There is no limit to adding links. But use a reasonable number, natural, relevant, and useful links for your readers.
Use The Optimal Content Length
Normally, 300 to 500 words are the minimum word count for a typical blog post. Google likes the longer content as it gets more likes and mentions on social media. Therefore, longer blogs or articles have more chances to get a high rank in the search results. The optimal length of the article is around about 2000 words. But it is not necessary to meet a number of words every time. Your content should be useful and informative. As you know, quality is more important than quantity. Check your articles that have a high rank and analyze the impact of content length.
Upgrade Your Content Regularly
Update your content regularly. Even if you have high-quality, highly engaging content. But you need to write new articles, and blogs and update them on daily basis. This is because Google wants to provide searchers with the best results for their search queries. If you don’t publish blogs daily, Google will not consider your blog a good resource for searchers. To start, update the content once or twice a week. So that readers take some time to read, and respond to it. Avoid these copywriting mistakes to improve your writing skills.
Use Social Media Buttons To Share Content
Use social media buttons to share your links, images, videos, etc, and spread your content all over the world. It makes it easier for users to share. Beautifully designed buttons will allow people to click and share your content publically.
Use Small Paragraphs
Keep your paragraphs short. Use small paragraphs (about 2-3 sentences). Long paragraphs don’t attract readers. Also, use various formatting options. For example, add bullets, bold the text and change the font. It is easier for mobile readers to read the content and make your content more attractive.
Optimize Meta Description
A meta description is the summary of your content that Google uses and it shows beneath your title in the search results. It is necessary to make it attractive and informative to encourage readers to click on your blog post. It contains target keywords. The length of the meta description is between 155-160 characters.
Avoid Keyword Stuffing
Keywords and keywords play an important role in search engine optimization when they are used once every 125 to 150 words. But keyword stuffing has a negative impact on your writing skills. Also, when Google crawls for the search, it registers the article as spam and it has a negative impression on the search engine’s ranking.
It will take some time to get a high rank in the search engine. Create SEO-friendly content for your website and it will be extremely worthwhile. Follow the above tips to write SEO-friendly content. It will help you to drive good content, more links, more shares, leads, and repeat visitors.